Mayview Service Area Planning Steering Committee
August 2, 2006
Members Present: Kim Campbell, Tim Casey, Laverne Cichon, Mary Jo Dickson, Mary Fleming, Bob Harms, Darryl Holts, Carol Horowitz, Shirlee Hopper, Nancy Jaquette, John Klenotic, Rich Kuppelweiser, Pam Loaskie, Carol Loy, Gerard Mike, Kim Patterson, Brandi Mauck Phillips, Rick Rach, Laura Steiner, Janice Taper, Lisa Tumolo, Valerie Vacari, Pat Valentine, Dean Virgili, Deb Wasilchak, and Linda Zelch. Others Present: Nora Novitsky (OMHSAS). Members Absent: Kelly Burda, Emily Heberlein, Steve Plyler, and Rick Tully.
I. Review of Meeting Summary from July 21, 2006
The minutes from July 21, 2006 were reviewed and approved with an amendment.
II. MRSAP Update
Status Report re: Phase 1
Mary Fleming announced the successful conclusion to Phase 1. As of August 3, 2006, 30 patients will be discharged. The entire Steering Committee commended all of those individuals who worked hard during Phase 1 to see that the 30 individuals would be discharged.
The Steering Committee recommended that the counties report on infrastructure development at future monthly Steering Committee meetings.
Each person on the Steering Committee described one “lesson learned” based on their experience with Phase 1.
Work Groups Update
· Front Door Work Group will meet at least twice before the September 15 meeting.
· Phase 2 Selection Criteria / CSP Form Work Group reported that the form is undergoing revision and a draft will be circulated after CSP process meetings with the suburban and Allegheny counties occur.
· State Operated Services Work Group will meet on August 18, 2006 at the Wood Street Commons building for a videoconference with the Harrisburg S tate Hospital area county administrators.
· Tracking/Reporting Work Group met on July 27, 2006 and a revised process was circulated to the Steering Committee. The Steering Committee recommended further clarification of the process before making a final recommendation. This will be done before the September 15, 2006 meeting.
III. Phase 2 Discussion
Goals for Phase 2 were discussed. The Steering Committee recommended:
1. That AHCI coordinate a meeting with Joan Erney and Linda Zelch in September to discuss:
a. The State’s response to the Regional Service Area Plan that was submitted several months ago.
b. If the State will allow for 30 or more people to be discharged during Phase 2 (FY 2006-2007) under the CSP process.
c. If the State will agree to fund the Phase 2 CSP discharges, if it should use an alternative funding model.
2. That AHCI develop additional funding models to offer OMHSAS as alternatives to the CHIPP model and the model used in Phase 1.
The individual county discharge goals for Phase 2 were discussed and the Steering Committee recommended that the counties consider moving forward with a plan to discharge at least 30 people during FY 2006-2007 through the CSP process.